Sunday, January 2, 2011

For The Purpose of Understanding

I remember purchasing this book in my school bookstore Freshman year, yet I never usedi t. back in October (2010), I thought to use it as a book for my quotes. After only writing two quotes (I have written more, just not in the book), I ripped out that page. January 1st, 2011 it all clicked to me like an epiphany. I found my favorite pen, and (check this unplanned magic) at 11:11pm [MST] on 1/1/2011, I began writing the first entry into my diary.


Maybe it was fate, that I was let go from a horrible restaurant (most likely going to close seeing that they couldn't even pay their employees and food purveyors on time.) I didn't go back home for the Winter break like most of my peers. I stayed in Denver, seeking conformity in my mind and being away from the world. Finding myself was my goal, and I believe I have achieved it.

Well, I must get back to enjoying my coffee, listening to the Avenged Sevenfold radio station on Pandora, and complete some homework before school starts tomorrow. If this is what 2011 is all about, then who am I to get in the way? Let me find a cloud to float on and do things for the purpose of understanding!

1 comment:

  1. Keep Writing...Keep Writing. Trust me..one day, when you're older. you will look back at all your youth and thoughts and smile.
    I love that you have a favorite pen too!
    So do I, and it makes writing so much more fun!
    Write Write Write. Sometimes through writing or typing, things come together so beautifully that you would never have known about yourself! Good Work!

    ReplyDelete