Thursday, December 30, 2010

Finally Snow In Denver, CO

This whole Winter Break there has not been a single spec of snow.... until now!



Right now, I am sitting at home listening to Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife (its been on repeat pretty much all day.) As 2010 comes to a close, I look and realize the trials and situations I've had to incur; every time I rose to the top. Now in another situation, more worse than any other I'm wishing for the same outcome. I've appreciated the help from my family, which makes me miss them even more. I wanted to spend my first holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) in Denver, however, not the full extent of how I have though.

The best thing that happened this break is being able to stage at TAG restaurant in LoDo. I'm going in for a 2nd stage later on in January and if it goes well.... (to be continued.)

Having this unpredicted time off, I was able to look at myself and say "What do I want to change about myself to become a better man for 2011?"

So I comprised of my 2011 New Year's Resolutions in the form of a contract:
My New Year's Revolution 2011 Contract to Myself 

1. I will produce more material for my blogs (http://theblogjournalofkenonthompson.blogspot.com/) (http://kenonthompsonseverythingfood.blogspot.com/) on a continuous (at least two [2] times a week) basis!

2. I will go to the gym minimum two (2) times a week.

3. I will let work be work, and personal life be personal life.

4. I will travel out of state (out of the country.) Any ideas cause my 21st is in 2011? :p

5. I will purchase 30 Rock and The Office every season on DVD!
  • In coherence of purchasing 30 Rock, in the style of Jack, I must complete a minimum fifty (50) days of Reaganing! (if you don't know what this means, watch the episode "Reaganing" somewhere fast!)
6. I will not attend a party if my homework is not done!

7. I will automatically put 10% of every check in my savings account and not touch it. (Exception overrides if financial obligations permit in the case of an emergency.)

8. I will stay organized at all times!

9. I will complete my tasks ahead of due dates!

10. I will play video games and watch movies more!

11. I will not make any decisions hasty decisions (i.e: deactivating my Facebook, Twitter, and or any other form of communication.) *I was horrible at this example this year. I recently did it this week lol!!!! This is definitely a sign of saying that I need to buy some durable Skull Candy headphones ASAP!

12. Anything that is not in the previous eleven (11) Resolutions and I want to do it, I have full power to do as I please!

If in breach of any resolution for the duration of 12/28/2010 12:00am (MST)-12/31/2010 11:59:59pm (whatever time zone I'm in)....... well, no penalties shall incur because that's crazy! :)


Have a Happy New Year's everyone! Be safe, have fun and I will see you in 2011!

(Note: After thinking more and more about reading, and after looking at a friend's blog I want to start a weekly series of the book(s) I read and keep a list of them for this year. I did plan on doing that for this year, however, working, school, working, and the occasional time of relaxing, time just did not permit me to do so. However, this year I will be way more organized and able keep up with the latter!)

2 comments:

  1. Kenon.
    I love your resolutions!
    First of all, I too want to attend the gym more, and save more (10%) is a great idea, I need to do the same. Also, great idea about blogging more, especially your food blog, I'd love to see more! And lastly, I TOO have a big birthday in 2011 and I would say New York City would be a really good choice! 21 in NYC...I mean come on! That's where I'll be on my Bday!
    Hang in there, keep your goals, I look forward to reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally - Thank you! NYC is always at the top of my list when it comes to traveling.... I have been going through a few unprecedented situations prohibiting me to travel. Hopefully this new year brings better for me! I'm so pumped now to go to NYC! I think you may have persuaded me on my choice! :)

    ReplyDelete