Sunday, December 26, 2010

Re-Dedicating Myself

*If you haven't, please read my previous post (Finding Myself) and then read this, it will make more sense.*


*(Listen to the above video, its what I'm listening to and you will get the feeling of this post way more.) Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy

To do a self-assessment is easy.... I took an amiss turn in 2010. Not too far away, however, the direction wasn't improving me as a person. I dedicated myself to working, missing the focus of just being happy and enjoying life. Because of that, it showed through my work. My photography seemed forced (which resulted me in discontinuing my Project 365 on my Flickr page), my writing quantity was little, and I was dubious of where did Kenon go? What choices made me this way?

Kristen, one of my closest friends told me the greatest advice ever:
"As soon as you can leave work at work and have a home life outside of food you will find happiness.... you have to have a line between the two."

Going to the Denver Zoo of Lights (I wrote a poem about it, I don't know the format I want to [if] posting my poetry on here yet) everything changed. At that very moment, I found myself again, my photos became more clear, and my writing quantity/quality skyrocketed. Being able to end 2010 on a good note from change is great, entering 2011 continuing down that path feels so much better!

Depicting through music, as well as obliging to the Kristen's advice, I knew a time for change needed to happen, and quickly. 

I'm ready to re-dedicated myself to my family and my friends, back to the way I should be.

Ate some good Pho with flank (hoisin sauce and sirracha on the side) at Pho Yo this morning!
 

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment