Saturday, October 23, 2010

One Level Above Perfectionist


Tonight while I was at work, I was pondering to myself while still preparing orders "What should my first blog of the night be for my all night blogging?" Then it hit me! As a couple of orders came in and we slowed down for a little bit, I began cleaning up my station and the light bulb turned on.

For those who know me and/or just happen to be around me understand that I am a perfectionist. Everything has to be in its place, areas around me must be cleaned, documents in alphabetical (hence the photo above] and notes (school notes in particular). Technically and by the studies of doctors, therapist and scientist, I would be diagnosed with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). Why call it a disorder? Is my need to visually and physically feel that items are in place a disorder? Am I not allowed to believe I deserve only the best of anything I come in contact with? This is not a disorder, no, I just have extremely high standards.

Yep, everything reduces down to standards. What are you willing to settle for? Is okay good enough for you? Is only being content really worth not going the extra mile for better results? Me becoming a perfectionist grew over time. I was a kid at one time, everything may not have been exactly in order, however I knew it was perfect for me. As I grew up more, keeping myself in contempt with those surrounding me was not a member of my standards list.

Attending college is where my perfectionist mindset blossomed from a seed in some soil, into a flower that wanted to grow in multiple soil types and environmental conditions. In an octavo point of view, I desire to be more then just one straight piece of paper.

Average—so far away from her I declared to be; in due time, I always declined her offer when she asked to just stand by me for a few minutes.

Perfectionist—my new best friend, how much I love you. The more and more I got to know you, the more and more you told me "There is always better and together we can grow more then anybody ever imagine." I look at her tonight, she looks at me and she whispered..... "Do you believe you grown personally as a man from the first time we met? Kenon, have I grown from the first time you met me? Have we grown together since the first time we met" I answered to her in sequential order.....

"Yes, I do believe I have grown from the first time we met. I wouldn't be the man that I am tonight if we never met. You, oh you've grown to be such a beauty. Never settling for what others would settle for. Your standards are impeccably incomparable to anyone else. Not only did we grow together, we grew closer together. You trust me enough to know that there is one more level above you that I can meet."

She then re-introduced herself to me as if we never met before.... "Hello Kenon, my name is Meticulous Perfectionist and it is a pleasure to meet you."

No comments:

Post a Comment